Tuesday, March 2, 2010


It's been so long since I blogged, that I'm not really sure where to start or with what! I guess what is mostly on my mind is making a ring a day for the Ring a Day group on Flickr www.flickr.com/groups/rad2010. Check it out, you will be amazed by the creativity. I wasn't sure that I wanted to do it because it seemed like a big commitment -- Ring a Day for a year! Every day! Of course, there's no huge penalty if you don't end up making a ring every day, or drop out of the group, only your own deep sense of failure of never being able to follow through on anything , again!!

So I'm in. I'm on ring 25 of 365.

This has been one of the most inspirational and fun groups I've been a part of in a long time. The ideas, designs, photos, and conceptual art abounds! So for right now the commitment hasn't been a big thing. Actually, Ring a Day is all I think about and want to do. It's this part of my life where I can create with no rules (except that it has to be a ring, a day). Then I get lots of practice taking photos and then I post it and share thoughts and comments with a group of obsessed, immensly creative and talented like minded people that I wouldn't know anything about if it weren't for this crazy Flickr Group.

I walk around my house and yard looking at everything I see, thinking, can I put this on my finger?!!! Apparently, I'm not alone.

The ring above is my 1st ring. It is about 15 pieces of white paper, cut into a ring shape and wrapped with brass wire. Then I torch the paper and singe it. You will learn that I almost always must torch things! My brother had a similar obsession when we were growing up. You'll have to wait for that story.

1 comment:

cabin + cub said...

Looks really cool! Wow.. a ring a day! That is a big project!